The Wye Valley River festival starts 5th May to the 20th May, its a wonderful series of magical family events, embracing innovative artistic work that inspires and challenges. follow the festival through the wye valley for more info go to www.wyevalleyriverfestival.co.uk. here are a few highlights from the 14th to the 20th May at Tintern abbey the museum of the moon (Ticketed Event). Luke Jerrams’s Lunar spectacle is best viewed as the evening light fades and it glows in the dynamic ruins of Tintern abbey. On the 5th and 6th May Jony Easterby’s magical woodland light and sound show is being held at Symonds Yat Rock, picnic amongst the trees and be entertained with music and song before immersing yourself in the trees at night, the festival finale in Llandogo on the 19th May includes an afternoon and evening of music, song, dance, then in the evening a dusk torch parade and fire sculpture. For More Information please go to there Webbsite http://www.wyedeantourism.co.uk/news55
We are delighted to announce that Wilton Court has achieved yet more recognition in being awarded ” Restaurant of the Year ” at the Forester Business Awards held at the Forest Hills Golf Club on Thursday 24th April 2014
Helen and Roger commented ‘’we are honoured to be amongst the winners, recognising the best businesses within the Forest and Wye Valley. We would like to thank our team who all work incredibly hard and it’s marvelous that their dedication has been rated so highly’’
For further details please visit www.wyevalleyaonb.org.uk
Recognising the best businesses in the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley area The Forester Business Awards 2014 has began with a bang proving that this year’s event will be bigger and better than ever before!
This will be their fifth year presenting the Business Awards and every year it just gets better with more entries and an increase in popularity as we celebrate some of the best businesses the Forest and Wye Valley have to offer .
Entrants will be featured in The Forester and the winners and runner ups will be announced at a Gala Awards Black Tie Dinner to be held at Forest Hills Golf Club on Thursday 24th April. Category The winners will receive a 2014 Business Awards trophy as well as coverage within The Forester.
This year there are thirteen categories waiting to be won. These are: to which Wilton Court has been shortlisted for Restaurant of the Year
Tourism Award Sponsored by Wildin & Co
Small Business of the Year Sponsored by SPP Pumps
Young Business Person of the Year Sponsored by The George Inn & Millingbrook Lodge
Pub of the Year Sponsored by Marstons Brewery
Restaurant of the Year TBC
Customer Service Award Sponsored by The Warranty Group
Retailer of the Year Sponsored by Weydean Properties
Health and Beauty Award Sponsored by GlaxoSmithKline
Green Business of the Year Sponsored by Vantage Point Business Village
Apprentice of the Year Sponsored by Gloucestershire College
Family Run Business of the Year Sponsored by Griffiths Marshall Accountants
Business Person of the Year TBC
For further details please contact Tina Coleman, Forester Commercial Manager on 01594 820623
COMEDY January 19, 8pm
RICHARD HERRING- WHAT IS LOVE, ANYWAY?
THE Savoy Theatre, Monmouth Does anybody love anybody anyway? So asked Welsh poet philosopher Howard Jones in 1983. Finally someone dares answer. 01600 772467
PANTOMIME January 18-21 and 25-28 7.30pm and January 21, 22 and 28, 2.30pm
Ledbury Market Theatre. A wonderful show full of surprises, jokes and slapstick performed by Ledbury Amateur Dramatic Society. 01432 383663
January 21, 22, 24, 25, 26-28, times vary
Theatre Brycheiniog, Brecon. The Westenders pantomime is full of fun, frolics and fantasy. 01874 611622
Highlights of the 2012 Wye Valley Chamber Music Festival, from January 14 to 22, include an opening Saturday Schubertiade at the Bishop‘s Palace in Hereford, with the Trout Quintet and the song cycle, Die Winterreise.
The festival then celebrates the chamber music of Elgar at the picturesque St Briavels Church and the second weekend includes Discovery Day, always the festival’s hottest ticket, at Treowen Manor near Monmouth. The finale at Helen’s Manor near Ledbury features Hungarian and gypsy-inspired music and there’s a choice of pre-concert talks.
The Kreisler Quartet will be the first participants in an exciting addition to this year’s festival – the resident Quartet Scheme, a new project for young musicians.
More details: www.wyevalleyfestival.com
Tickets are on at sale at www.wegottickets.com/wyevalleyfestival
Wilton Courts Loyalty Card
Join now for just £10.00 to benefit from Wilton Courts exclusive dining club offers. A membership card will be issued and the card holder will qualify for the following offers and discounts:
• 10% discount on food prices for a maximum of six people ( Card holder needs to be present)
• If you recommend a friend to join and receive a free bottle of wine to take away next time you dine with us.
• Receive a special bedroom rate for two of £40.00 (not a lot more than a taxi home)
• Annual members cocktail party
Follow the link below to find out more information.
What’s on at the National Trust for visitors to Herefordshire and the Wye Valley this spring
- Spring flower weekends 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 to 27 February 11am-4pm
- Bird box making 21 February, 11am-3pm
- Heron Walks 4, 17 April & 3 May, 2pm
- Easter Trails 24, 25 April, 10am-4pm
- Georgian Weekend 14, 15 May, 10am-5pm (Free entry for visitors dressed in period costume)
- World War II weekend 4, 5 June 10am- 5pm (Free entry for visitors dressed in period costumes)
- Easter Trails 22-25 April, 11am- 4pm
- Croft Castle and Parkland
- Make a nest box 23 February, 11am- 4pm
- Bunny Hunt 24-25 April, 10am-4pm (Trail ends at 4pm) Last entry to gardens is 5pm
- Wildflower Walk 29 April, 1pm-4pm Free to children
- Pumpkin Planters 30 April, 10am-4pm
- Bluebell Walks 11&20 May, 1pm-4pm Free to children
- Falconry with Trevor Hill 30 May, 10am-4pm
The Weir Gardens
- Make a nest box 24 February, 11am-4pm
- Spring flower days 22 March, 11am-4pm
- Pumpkin Planters 20, 27 April, 11am-4pm
- Easter egg trails 24, 25 April, 11am- 4pm
- For further details please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk