Struggling to find the perfect venue for your Christmas celebrations? Why not check out our seasonal menus which include Christmas novelties. We are now taking reservations throughout December including Boxing Day and New Year’s Eve.
For details of Wilton Court’s Christmas menus please follow the link
We just have three rooms left for Christmas – So why not be truly spolit this Christmas and enjoy delicious food and good company in totally relaxing surroundings, just sit back and let us take care of all the normal preparations for you.
Your stay includes the following
Three nights accomodation with English breakfast each morning
- Welcome champagne reception to meet owners, staff and other guests
- Christmas Eve and Boxing Day supper
- Four course traditional Christmas Lunch. For those of you with a corner to still fill, a buffet supper will be served in the evening.
- A Christmas amenity tray provided in your room
Last 3 rooms available Room 4 single occupancy £500.00 Rooms 5 and 6 double occupancy £770 .00 each .Rooms can be viewed on our gallery of rooms
Herefordshire Truffle Card – a card for all seasons
How many of us have a loyalty card loitering in our purses and wallets. Now in the first scheme of its kind in the UK there is now the chance to obtain a loyalty card that is loyal to local shops and businesses across Herefordshire. If you take advantage of this great opportunity cardholders get exclusive treats and offers along with invitations to new product launches as well as exclusive Truffle Cardholder events. The Truffle loyalty card promotes Herefordshire’s local businesses and helps them flourish. In short there will be weekly email of offers from the participating businesses which are collated by Truffle Herefordshire, and sent to cardholders. This is backed up by a website and viral marketing using Twitter and Facebook. Customers are able to sign up for the scheme at any of participating businesses including shops, restaurants, bars, pubs, nightclubs and many more. You can even sign up from the comfort of your own home by going online to www.truffleherefordshire.co.uk and the card will be sent to you. Businesses have shared access to Truffle card holders to promote their business to them, and they are part of a scheme that aims to redress the balance from huge corporates to smaller local businesses. This has been made possible with support and funding from Herefordshire Council and Hereford City partnership. Truffle Herefordshire is a Not for Profit Enterprise.
Wilton Court Restaurant with rooms currently extends complimentary coffee and petit fours (Normally £3.75) to Truffle card members and up to five guests each enjoying a two course meal.
Wilton Courts Loyalty Card
Join now for just £10.00 to benefit from Wilton Courts exclusive dining club offers. A membership card will be issued and the card holder will qualify for the following offers and discounts:
• 10% discount on food prices for a maximum of six people ( Card holder needs to be present)
• If you recommend a friend to join and receive a free bottle of wine to take away next time you dine with us.
• Receive a special bedroom rate for two of £40.00 (not a lot more than a taxi home)
• Annual members cocktail party
Follow the link below to find out more information.
Already Herefordshire’s only highly commended 5 stars restaurant with rooms Wilton Court has once again been recognised as ‘’Restaurant of the Year’’ in the ‘’Flavours of Herefordshire Awards’’ 2011.
The award was presented to Wilton Court’s owners Roger and Helen Wynn by TV chef celebrity Jean-Christophe Novelli at the Flavours of Herefordshire Awards dinner held at Hereford Racecourse on Friday 21st October
Wilton Court were also commended in the ‘’Breakfast of the Year’’ category and 24 year old Commis Chef Cal Banner was winner of the’’ Young Chef in Industry Award’’.
Cal went on to win the cook off of the Young Industry Chefs seasonal starter to include pumpkin. The cook off was judged by Jean Christophe , cooked in front of a live theatre audience during the Flavours of Herefordshire two day Food Festival also held at Hereford Racecourse.
Roger and Helen are absolutely delighted at Wilton Court’s hat trick of awards. Said Roger Wynn ‘’It is the teamwork and all the hard work that everyone puts in that makes it happen. We are very proud’’.
Come and enjoy Herefordshire’s 6th annual food festival weekend, which promises to be a tasty time out for all the family.
Coinciding with harvest time, the festival celebrates all that is scrumptious about the county and almost 100 producers will be exhibiting their home-grown, artisan made fayre, giving you the chance to meet the makers, growers and chefs behind the county’s very best flavours.
With the area being world famous for its Hereford cattle and cider, you can also meet some of this year’s newly presented regional food award winners, jubilant from their success. Sample their prepared produce, hot and cold, and stock up your larders from the Food Pavilion and Farmer’s Market shopping areas.
Get mouth-watering inspiration as you watch demonstrations in the live cookery theatres and feast your eyes and your palette on someone very special in the gourmet world- culinary genius and celebrity chef, Jean Christophe Novelli. Known as Britain’s favourite French chef, and 5 AA Rosette and Michelin star award winner will be presenting three live demonstrations each day of the festival. Continue reading
A double treat for motoring and racing fans and filmgoers at the same time. Rossiter books, of High Street, Ross are staging a special book-film event at the Phoenix Theatre, Ross. Called An Evening with Senna, Tom Rubython, author of a new biography on the life of Ayrton Senna will be talking about his book, and signing copies. This will be followed by a screening of the much acclaimed documentary on the life of Senna, reputedly one of the best ever Formula 1 racing drivers.
AN Evening with Senna will be held on Saturday, November 5th, so should go with a bang. Starting time is 7pm and the total cost is £8.00 (including the normal £5 film charge)
It is hoped this will be the first book-film presentations at the Phoenix. Continue reading
Wilton Court joins an elite number of just 66 properties to have achieved the AA
Highly Commended 5 Yellow Stars status in the whole country.
Wilton Court at Ross-on-Wye has just been awarded the AA Highly Commended 5
Yellow Stars Restaurant with Rooms 2011/2012. The very first to be awarded this
prestigious accolade in Herefordshire, this latest award will stand proudly next to
Wilton Court’s two AA Rosettes and Breakfast Award.
“We are absolutely delighted with our latest award” said Helen Wynn, joint owner of
Wilton Court with husband Roger since 2000. “We are running out of wall space!”
The news from the AA came hot on the heels of yet another award collected recently
by the couple at the Savoy in London – Highly Commended by The Considerate
Herefordshire- What’s On!
- Summer on the lake- 25th June
- Bat walk- 9th July
- Hereford and Leominster Kite festival- 16 &17 July
- Dragons, damsels and lake dipping- 1, 18, 15 &22 August
- Teddy bears picnic- 9th August
- Mermaids and Pirates- 16 August
- Heritage open day- 10 September
- Walk through paradise wood- 23 May
- Children’s literature trail- 28 May & 5 June
- Evening walk- 30 June
- Ancient tree walk- 14 July
- Mini beast hunt- 4th August
- Moat dipping- 5&13 August
- Moat dipping/mini beasts- 17 August
- Make a woodland picture- 23 August
- Children’s outdoor trails-31 August
- Orchard Walk- 15 September
- All things Damson- 3&$ September
Croft Castle & Parkland
- Rangers rumble- 3 July, 4 September& 2 October
- Children’s literary trails- 28-30 May, 1-5 June,
- Ranger’s poetry ramble- 5 June
- Ancient tree walks- 12, 17 June & 7 October
- In pursuit of spring- 18 June
- Children’s outdoor trails- 1 to31 August & 1-4 September
- Bat walk- 17 July &23 September
- A midsummer night’s dream- 3 August
- Ugly Bug safaris- 3,10,17,24 &31 August
- Medieval weekend- 3 August
- Canterbury tales- 17 August
- Heritage open day-10 September
- Wildflowers of the air- 18 May
- Children’s literary trails- 28- 31 May &1-5 June
- Veni.Vidi, Vici- 22 June
- Bat walk- 30 July &25 September
- Children’s outdoor trails- 1-31 August
- Back to nature- 4, 11, 18 &25 August
- Heritage open day- 10 September
What’s on at the National Trust for visitors to Herefordshire and the Wye Valley this spring
- Spring flower weekends 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 to 27 February 11am-4pm
- Bird box making 21 February, 11am-3pm
- Heron Walks 4, 17 April & 3 May, 2pm
- Easter Trails 24, 25 April, 10am-4pm
- Georgian Weekend 14, 15 May, 10am-5pm (Free entry for visitors dressed in period costume)
- World War II weekend 4, 5 June 10am- 5pm (Free entry for visitors dressed in period costumes)
- Easter Trails 22-25 April, 11am- 4pm
- Croft Castle and Parkland
- Make a nest box 23 February, 11am- 4pm
- Bunny Hunt 24-25 April, 10am-4pm (Trail ends at 4pm) Last entry to gardens is 5pm
- Wildflower Walk 29 April, 1pm-4pm Free to children
- Pumpkin Planters 30 April, 10am-4pm
- Bluebell Walks 11&20 May, 1pm-4pm Free to children
- Falconry with Trevor Hill 30 May, 10am-4pm
The Weir Gardens
- Make a nest box 24 February, 11am-4pm
- Spring flower days 22 March, 11am-4pm
- Pumpkin Planters 20, 27 April, 11am-4pm
- Easter egg trails 24, 25 April, 11am- 4pm
- For further details please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk