Ross on Wye Jubilee Celebrations
The Ross Jubilee Committee is delighted to announce that it is organising a competition as part of the town’s jubilee celebrations.
Entries will consist of a piece of art with a surface area of no more than nine square inches (excluding the mount or frame), produced using any non- perishable medium. The competition is open to all ages, and both professiona…ls and amateurs.
All entries should be submitted with an application form available from the Town Clerk or to download from the Town Council Website (see below), to the Corn Exchange by no later than 1st May 2012. Entries will be displayed in Ross-on-Wye in June to coincide with the Jubilee celebrations.
Winning entries will be notified in writing and a total of £250 in prizes will be awarded. The winning entries will also be required for exhibition on Herefordshire Diamond Day on 11th July.
Terms and conditions of entry
1. The competition is open to anyone to create a work in any non-perishable medium (including photography) and of any image or style, with a surface area of no more than nine square inches.
2. All artwork submitted to the competition must be the original idea and creation of the credited artist.
3. The name of artist and title of the work should be entered on the back of the submission.
4. The work should be presented in a mount or frame of the artist’s choice suitable for public exhibition with a sturdy hanging cord attached to “D” rings.
5. Entries may be collected from the Corn Exchange after Wednesday 13 June. Items not collected by 29 June will be sold for charity. Winning entries may be collected after 16 July.
6. The committee may reject entries that it considers inappropriate for any reason.
7. Artists may only submit one entry.
8. All entries will be exhibited and cannot be removed from the exhibition.
9. Any enquiries should be addressed to:
The Town Clerk, c/o Ross-on-Wye Town Council, First Floor, The Corn Exchange, High Street, Ross on Wye, HR9 5HL Tel: 01989 562373
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.